Making the email rounds: the state mainstream print media …
1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.
2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they run the country.
3. The New York Times …
3. The New York Times is read by people who think they should run the country (and people who are very good at crossword puzzles).
4. USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but can’t get free copies of The New York Times when they travel.
5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn’t mind running the country, if they could find the time — and if they didn’t have to leave Southern California to do it.
6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country and did a poor job of it, thank you very much.
7. The New York Daily News is read by people who aren’t too sure who’s running the country and don’t really care as long as they can get a seat on the train.
8. The New York Post is read by people who don’t care who is running the country as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.
9. The Chicago Tribune is read by people that are in prison that used to run the state, & would like to do so again, as would their constituents that are currently free on bail.
10. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country, and like baseball box scores.
11. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren’t sure if there is a country or that anyone is running it; but read the ads for medical marijuana.
12. The National Enquirer is read by people standing in line at the grocery store … and have never bought a copy.